JUJITSU SENIORS BELT GRADING ORDER
THE ORDER OFJUJITSU BELTS ARE:
- WHITE BELT 7th-kyu - WHITE BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- YELLOW BELT 6th-kyu - YELLOW BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- ORANGE BELT 5th-kyu - ORANGE BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- GREEN BELT 4th-kyu - GREEN BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- BLUE BELT 3rd-kyu - BLUE BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- PURPLE BELT 2nd-kyu - PURPLE BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- BROWN BELT 1st-kyu - BROWN BELT GRADING SYLLABUS
- BLACK BELTS 1st-5th Dan
For White Belt to Purple Belt Students must have trained for at least three months gradings and have completed a minimum of 12 training sessions. For Brown Belt students must have trained for a minimum of 6 months after their brown belt grading and have completed a minimum of 24 training sessions.
There is no set time period to earn your Black Belt. The length of time it takes to progress from rank to rank will vary a lot depending upon your personal skill level and how often you practice. A Black Belt can be earned in as little as 3 years or it can take as long as 10 or more years. The average length of time is usually 4-5 years with consistent practice. The AMA test and certify Jujitsu Black Belt ranks. High standards of skill, knowledge, proficiency and ethical conduct are required for a nationally recognized AMA Jujitsu Black Belt rank
All techniques must be followed by a different lock, hold down or restraint. Grading takes place within the Dojo at regular intervals at both King's Lynn and Wisbech Clubs.